I have completed my first Daring Cook Challenge, Potstickers. The recipe worked well, just as presented by Jen at userealbutter blog. I followed her suggestion to weigh the flour instead of measuring it.
We thought the filling was a little bland so I added the equivalent of 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoons gin, and ½ teaspoon white pepper. To test the new filling, I quickly cooked up a small amount. Why waste another wrapper?
Making the wrappers was easy and fun. I inadvertently discovered that the dough was easier to work with after being refrigerated for a night. I left the dough wrapped in a damp towel and kept it in the refrigerator until the next day when I was ready to work with it.
I made potstickers with half the filling. I assembled and froze the rest about half of which ended up in soup and the rest are still frozen for another day.
I used a recipe from Sunset Magazine (March 1998) for the soup with a few additions. The recipe calls for canned broth but I used homemade stock I had in the freezer. I also added 4 napa cabbage leaves, 1 carrot sliced thin, and about 1 cup of frozen peas. I don't know how to post a link yet so here's the link to the soup --